Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Color Psychology

Why is Color Psychology in Graphic Design so Important?
Well, color psychology has everything to do with graphic design! Graphic design is almost entirely composed of color psychology. Companies use certain colors to get target audiences to buy their products. Color can even make people feel certain emotions!

Emotional Colors
As said in the previous paragraph, some colors can make you feel a particular way. For example, seeing red on a product might make you feel angry or rushed. Another example could be blue, trying to make you feel sad or calm.

My Opinion...I Guess???
Sometimes I feel like producers aren't really trying to use color psychology; they're just trying to make their logo look cool. For example, take the 2014 Nintendo logo. A lot of people think that gray means peace and balance, but how exactly are they trying to make you feel calm when their games have the most frustrating puzzles ever?? Sorry if I'm getting off topic, but I don't think they really put any thought into their new logo, and I'm sure that a lot of companies have done the same thing. Don't get me wrong, a lot of companies do put a lot of thought into their logo. It just seems like some aren't using color psychology correctly.


- Brenna (• ◡•)




did I do this right?? (⊙.⊙)

No comments:

Post a Comment