Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Marks/Symbols

Article Summary
All in all, logos/symbols/marks/etc. have to be pretty compact, and yet easily recognizable; everything in it has to work well together, too.

Symbol or Logo?
A lot of people get these two confused; a symbol is a picture used to identify an organization, etc., while a logo only has to do with the actual name of it. Logos use type, symbols use graphics. When you combine these two, you get a combination mark!

What I Learned
Before reading this "article", I actually learned what I explained in the previous paragraph, that a logo and a symbol aren't the same thing. If I hadn't learned that, that probably would have caused a lot of confusion in the future. I also didn't know that Gestalt principles were used in graphic design ("close gestalt" and "open gestalt") in order to serve "as a magnet for the eye".

Picking Favorites
I feel like I'm being really repetitive with this, but believe it or not, my favorite thing that I got out of this article was that *gasp* logos and symbols aren't the same thing!!!!! No way!!!!!!! I already explained why it was valuable!!!!!!!!!!

All Together Now
Articles are usually pretty lengthy for me to read, even if this one was only two pages. However, most of what I learned from it was pretty important (like what I mentioned in the paragraphs above :> ).

- Brenna (• ◡•)

No comments:

Post a Comment