Tuesday, May 23, 2017

End of Year Reflection - Animation

What I've Learned
During this year in animation, I've learned a lot of valuable information, and actually got to like it more and more by the end of the year. However, I think the most important thing I've learned is to manage my time well. There's a lot to do in this class, and a lot of times, you don't have much time to do it. I'm a naturally slow worker, but I eventually learned that I could cut back on a few things to make sure I have enough time to do whatever I need to do. In other news...I also learned how to use Maya and After Effects pretty well thanks to all the direction sheets, even if those programs seemed to hate me at the beginning of the school year. Speaking of the end of the school year, I'm very happy about the way my group project worked out, even if no one told me that the storyboard was being changed (we could have worked on communication more haha). But, everyone did their jobs, so that was good. Thank god I wasn't the leader in that group, but then again, I wasn't the leader in any other group project. I would have done horribly in that aspect.

You're Doing Well/Work Harder
I really think that managing my time has become my best skill in this class, but I think I still might need to work on putting extra effort into my projects. Sometimes I just do the bare minimum because I'm stressed out about time when I actually do have time to make it look better.

Outside of School
I wish I could get Maya at home so I can work on personal projects, but it's just too expensive (the amount it's asking for is more than I've ever had at one time, and I actually save my money). However, now that After Effects no longer hates me, I think I might experiment with that a little more at home and maybe make some of my own animations.

But What Will I Do With All the Things I Learned?
Again, I think I'll work at home on some personal projects, but maybe I'll use some of my animation skills when it comes to graphic design, since that is the e-Comm class I have chosen to go into as a junior.

Change the Past
I REALLY WISH I COULD HAVE GOTTEN AN A LAST SEMESTER!!! That stressed me out so much. I really wish I worked harder. That's really the only thing I wish I could change.

The End...
This has been a pretty great class to be in, considering I've learned so much and that Mr. Netterville is pretty funny. I enjoy animation, and maybe I'll take some animation courses in college, but that's a long time from now. I hope I can learn more about it in the years to come!


- Brenna (• ◡•)

No comments:

Post a Comment